Jesus said, You will know a true Christian by their productivity – Mat 7:16.
1. Lazy Christian is idle and does not co-operate because of dislike for work. PRO 21:25 The desire of the lazy kills him; for his hands refuse to labor. HEB 6:12 Don’t be lazy, but be followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
2. Procrastinating Christian always puts things off until later, makes excuses and moves and acts slowly so that work is delayed. PRO 20:4 The sluggard will not plow because of winter; therefore, he will beg in harvest and have nothing. The Christian’s sin is not always what they do wrong – but what they don’t do!
3. Half-hearted Christian lacks force, passion, conviction and commitment. MAT 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad. MAT 15:8 These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
4. Indifferent Christian is apathetic; lethargic, unenthusiastic and lacks emotion, concern, or involvement, showing neither interest or dislike. REV 3:15 I know your (the church’s) deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold – I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
5. Double-minded Christian is unable to decide and stay with something; they are on again-off again as they fluctuate in their allegiance and beliefs. JAM 1:6 He who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
6. Compromising Christian meets half-way or midway because of divided loyalty. They constantly make concessions that weaken their faith. MAT 6:24 No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. 2CO 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? AMO 3:3 Can two walk together, unless they are in agreement?
7. Critical, murmuring and complaining Christian causes division and hinders others. 1CO 10:10 Do not murmur, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed by the destroyer. PHI 2:14 Do all things without murmuring and disputing.
8. Fearful, doubting, unbelieving Christian is skeptical, uncertain, and lacks confidence in God and the promises in His Word. Their fear, doubt and unbelief also paralyzes the faith others. MAR 16:14 Jesus appeared to the eleven…and He rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. MAT 21:21-22 If you have faith, and doubt not, all things, what ever you will ask in prayer, believing, you will receive. HEB 3:12 Beware, brethren, that none of you have a sinful heart of unbelief in departing from the living God. The remedy for fear, doubt and unbelief is faith!
9. The Christian without passion is a Christian in name only. TIT 2:14 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. REV 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
10. The faithful Christian lives for Jesus Christ and is blessed in everything they do. They are trusted by God (1TI 1:12) and will have joy (MAT 25:23). They are preserved (PSA 31:23), rewarded (1SA 26:23), promoted (MAT 24:45-47), and blessed abundantly by God (PRO 28:20).
It is time for judgment in God’s House: 1PE 4:17 The time has come that judgment must begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And If the righteous are scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?
The only remedy for all of the above: REV 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore, be zealous and repent. JAM 2:26 Faith without works is dead. JAM 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.